You might call him a late bloomer, BJ Norris didn’t get serious about shooting until his fifth year into it when he was…. Sixteen! That’s right BJ started competing in USPSA in 2001 at the young age of eleven and has gone on to take multiple World, National and Division Champion titles in Steel Challenge, Ruger Rimfire Series, USPSA and 3-Gun.
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- How BJ jump started his shooting career at the age of eleven
- Why you need to see the sights when the gun is firing vs. when you make the decision to fire
- What the majority of shooting boils down to…
- Why BJ prefers short drills in his practice
- Plus, why you never want to miss a target in 3-Gun
- And more!
- Wilson Combat
- Freedom Munitions/X-Treme Bullets
- Hogue Grips
- MGM Targets
- Tactical Solutions
- XS Sights
- Laser Shot
Gear mentioned in this Episode:
- ESS Photochromic Eye Pro
- Pilla Sport Glasses
- Decot Sport Glasses
- Wilson Combat Beretta Brigadier Tactical
- Wilson Combat Rifle
- Hogue 3-Gun Handguard
- Leupold Mark 6 with CMRW2 Reticle
- Wilson Combat 77 Gr Ammo
- Mossberg 930
- XRail by RCI Tube
- XS Express Sights
- Carbon Arms Twins
Matches and Organizations mentioned in this episode:
- IDPA World Championship
- Steel Challenge
- Jim Scouten’s American Shooter
- Bianchi Cup
- NRA World Championship
- 3-Gun Nation Nationals
- Trijicon World Championship
- SHOT Show
People mentioned in this episode:
Relevant to this Episode:
- My Gun Tips: How Do I Shoot Roundabout?
Connect with BJ:
Thanks for listening!
Thank you so much for listening to the 3-Gun Show podcast! Have feedback? Leave a comment here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoyed this show please share it with a friend, you can use the buttons at the left of the screen. A review in iTunes, Stitcher, social media or your blog would go a long way to spread the word and help the show reach more 3-Gunners like yourself.
A big thanks to BJ for being on The 3-Gun Show!