Nick Atkinson is back on the podcast this week, fresh off of a second place finish at the 3-Gun Nation Southwestern Regional match. Nick and I chat about the match and the struggles we had to overcome to perform, shooting a day in the life of a 3-Gunner video and then Nick takes it deep with some final thoughts.
Key topics in this podcast:
- What sound does a jackrabbit make when you hit it with at .22?
- How do you keep the weather and other externalities from affecting your mental game?
- How and when to call wind before you shoot.
- Developing a winning stage plan
- Plus! The benefits of a $3000 rifle.
- And more!
This Episode is Sponsored by MGM Targets. Use code “DHMGM10” to save 10% on your purchase
- June’s MGM Targets Giveaway is for a 10″ Sportsman’s long range target. Enter the giveaway now!
- My current favorite practice target, the Standard Auto-Popper.
You can also support the 3Gun Show podcast by using our affiliate link when you shop at Brownell’s. Just click here and shop like normal.
Nick on Social Media:
Making Sure Kyle Simank’s Rifle is Safe:
Special Match Announcement:
The Black Arsenal Great Lakes 3-Gun Championship is coming to Bend of the River Conservation Club July 17. This is a one-day format match with at least 7 fun and challenging stages. It will feature all of the usual divisions and you can expect a mix of rifle, pistol and shotgun including slug and buckshot targets. There will be trophies and a random draw prize table as well. Check them out on Facebook and register on Practiscore!
Thanks for listening!
Thank you so much for listening to the 3-Gun Show podcast! Have feedback? Leave a comment here or email me at email@example.com.
If you enjoyed this show please share it with a friend, you can use the buttons at the left of the screen. A review in iTunes, Stitcher, social media or your blog would go a long way to spread the word and help the show reach more 3-Gunners like yourself.
A big thanks to Nick for being a gracious host and for being on The 3-Gun Show!