Chris Andersen is back to give us the post-match wrap-up of the 2015 USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is part two of a two-part interview. In part one which was Episode 9, Chris called in mid-match to talk stage breakdown, give us a rundown of how his first four stages of the match went and talk stage planning and strategy for the next two days.
In this episode Chris and I wrap up the match, talk about the stages we discussed last time and how he actually shot them.
Be sure to download the 2015 Multigun Nationals stage descriptions to review as you listen along.
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- How tension is the enemy of performance and why you need to get back to your plan as quickly and methodically as you can when things go wrong.
- Why you need to take into account the stage length when calculating how much a mistake has cost you
- How to use target dimensions to range and bracket your targets
- Why “Shoot Well, Miss Less” is the only advice you’ll ever need in 3-Gun
- Exactly how to break down a stage
- What a Practice Priority List is and why you need one now
- Plus, why no bad story ever starts out with “remember when we got that Ferrari”
- And more!
Important Reference Material
- Rainier Arms
- MGM Targets
- Nordic Components
- Accurate Iron
- Taran Tactical Innovations
Gear mentioned in this Episode:
- Ferrari 458 Spider
- Swarovski Z6
- EOTech XPS
- Ranier Arms Redline
- Ace SoCom Stock
- SJC Compensator
- Accurate Iron Benelli M2
- Accurate Iron 2011 Pistol
- Blade-Tech Inner-Outer Belt Setup
- Blade-Tech 2011 Holster
- Blade-Tech AR Mag Pouch
- CR Speed Pistol Mag Pouches
- Invictus Practical Quad Load Caddies
- Carbon Arms Twins
- Man Mountain Engineering Shotgun Caddies
Matches and Organizations mentioned in this episode:
People mentioned in this episode:
Video Relevant to this Episode:
- Chris’ most spectacular DQ:
- Listener James sent in a video of a shoot-off at his local match:
Connect with Chris:
Thanks for listening!
Thank you so much for listening to the 3-Gun Show podcast! Have feedback? Leave a comment here or email me at email@example.com.
If you enjoyed this show please share it with a friend, you can use the buttons at the left of the screen. A review in iTunes, Stitcher, social media or your blog would go a long way to spread the word and help the show reach more 3-Gunners like yourself.
A big thanks to Chris for coming back on The 3-Gun Show post-match!