Nick Atkinson of team Crimson Trace is back to discuss my favorite gun; the shotgun. In this episode we answer listener questions on technique, gear setup and practice. Nick has a big announcement to make which results in a giveaway of a ton of Carbon Arms gear that you can win by entering your name and email address at www.3GunShow.com/CarbonNick
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why Nick doesn’t vary his load on stages… Unless he does.
- Shooting shotgun fast means keeping a great rhythm
- Why you need a full selection of chokes to properly deal with any situation you may encounter on the range
- Why Nick doesn’t dry fire his shotgun… Unless he does.
- What a pro’s shotgun maintenance and parts replacement schedule is
- Why a paper towel and a dowel rod are the only tools Nick needs to clean his shotgun
- How to use other shooting sports to improve your 3-Gun shotgun game
- If you’re not good at shooting while you’re moving, make sure you’re good at loading while moving
- And more!
- Crimson Trace
- Aero Precision
- Gorilla Ammo
- Proof Research
- Carbon Arms
- Fort Mill Munitions
- Cerakoting by Scalpel Arms
- The Firing Line
- Copperhead Creek Shooting Club
- Carbon Arms
- Dissident Arms
Gear mentioned in this Episode:
- 1 0z #8 game load 1280 FPS RIO
- 1 1/4 oz #7.5
- 3” #6 Flight Control Turkey Loads
- Fiocchi 7/8 oz 1190 FPS Aero Slugs
- Xtreme Bullets 1500 FPS Slugs
- Federal Flight Control 00 Buck
- Benelli M2
- Factory Benelli Springs
- Nordic Components magazine spring
- Nordic Components Magazine Extension Tube
- Taran Tactical Innovations Bolt Release aka “The Taran Button”
- TTI or CRUMS Lifter
- Match Saverz
- Carbon Arms SSL-8
- Blade-Tech Tek-Lok Attachments
Matches and Organizations mentioned in this episode:
- 3-Gun Nation
- 3-Gun Nation Southern Regional Championship
- 3Gun Nation Pro Match Championship
- Waxahachie Wild West multigun / Chris Kyle Benefit
- Noveske Area 2 Multigun Championship
People mentioned in this episode:
Relevant to this Episode:
Connect with Nick:
Thanks for listening!
Thank you so much for listening to the 3-Gun Show podcast! Have feedback? Leave a comment here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoyed this show please share it with a friend, you can use the buttons at the left of the screen. A review in iTunes, Stitcher, social media or your blog would go a long way to spread the word and help the show reach more 3-Gunners like yourself.
A big thanks to Nick for giving away your gear on The 3-Gun Show!