John McClain of Team Armscor came directly back from winning his 3-Gun Nation Pro Series match in Tulsa and hopped on the phone with The 3-Gun Show to discuss overcoming equipment failures in a major match, the level of practice it takes to ascend the ranks to the pro level and how to ensure that your wardrobe helps you get a mental reset after each stage.
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- Why you shouldn’t eat random things left behind in a hotel room
- How John’s tendency to be an oddball translates over to his shotgun choice
- What it is like to be the up and comer in 3-Gun
- The proper ratio of dry fire to live fire that will get you to the next level
- Which weapon of the three will have its skill deteriorate the quickest
- How John’s 3-Gun Nation Pro Series match went
- And more!
- Rock Island Armory
- ISCOPE LLC
- Taran Tactical Innovations
- OC Indoor Shooting Range
- Tachyon Gun Cam
- Sun Devil Mfg
- 10-8 Performance
- VooDoo Tactical
- Rifle Dynamics
Gear mentioned in this Episode:
- Rock Island Armory TCM
- JP Enterprises Trigger
- Elftmann Trigger
- BCM Keymod Handguard
- PRI Compensator
- Rogers Super Stock
- Taran Tactical Upper Assembly
- Leupold VX-R Patrol
- Benelli M1 Modified by TTI
- Rock Island TCM with 9mm Barrel
- STI Magazines
- TTI STI Mag Extensions
Matches and Organizations mentioned in this episode:
People mentioned in this episode:
Relevant to this Episode:
- Check out the stickers supplied by Joe Solis on our Facebook or Instagram machines. If you’re looking for custom vinyl stickers or vehicle wraps contact Joe at Image Grafx
Connect with John:
Thanks for listening!
Thank you so much for listening to the 3-Gun Show podcast! Have feedback? Leave a comment here or email me at email@example.com.
If you enjoyed this show please share it with a friend, you can use the buttons at the left of the screen. A review in iTunes, Stitcher, social media or your blog would go a long way to spread the word and help the show reach more 3-Gunners like yourself.
A big thanks to John for being an awesome guest on The 3-Gun Show!